Last night at dinner, yes Bryan and I got to go on a date!!, we were talking. And we've realized how very blessed we are. I thought I'd ought to write down our blessings. This year we are going to try and remember more our blessings and not look at others. These are in no order.
1. We have a huge home. It's huge for us. It's the biggest home we've lived in as a married couple. And for some reason, we've been able to afford it. It has a great size room for the girls to play with.
2. Family. We have tons of family that are cnlose. Yes, it's about to change. And it's going to be sad. But we really have been blessed to live around them for so long. My mom and Bryan's mom were able to be at ALL the births of our three kids. We've been able to also create more of a friendship then a parentship with our parents. It's been really nice to say one of my best friends is my mom. And I don't plan on this changing. And we've got a bunch of the girls' aunts and uncles right around us.
3. We have enjoyed a lot of "extras". Internet, cellphones, dates to restaurants,and so much more then we deserve.
4. Our kiddos. 3 AMAZING and UNIQUE girls. I just couldn't and wouldn't want to change then for the world. Seriously. Their uniqueness and all the fun we've had. Man, they really have made life so much better.
5. I get to be a stay at home mom, and homeschool them. I love them so much. And really am grateful for all the time I get to spend with them. Yes, sometimes it is hard. But it's worth it. I also love that I get to be their when they learn something new and get excited. Remember when your child took her first step, how exciting it was. That's kind of how homeschooling is for me. But more and more exciting times!
6. Our move. Seriously. It's amazing how Heavenly Father works. It's the answer to so many of our prayers. And though it's had some hick-ups, we can see that it has been guide with a Divine hand. From my parents buying the house we get to stay in (until theirs here sells) to Bryan's job transfer (seriously, an OD down the street from where we're moving.)
7. Talents. I feel my love for teaching is a talent that was given to me. I love being able to come up with new and fun things, and I can see Heavenly Fathers help in the things I come up with. My newest organizational talent. Planning and organizing and helping things go smoother is something that I've recently acquired. Each talent that we were given we are so grateful for.
8. Heavenly Father. Seriously he has blessed us with everything we need. (if this was in order, this would be first) There is no way to ever give him enough back, we are forever in his debt.
I could go on and on and on. But won't. I know our life hasn't been easy, but it has been so guided and directed by our Heavenly Father. From the first phone call we had together before we were dating to the job losses we've gone through. From each struggle and each friend I've had to lift me up. I know some people would never pick our life. But it's been such an amazing ride this far. I don't think I'd trade anything for it.
This year. I am going to try and continue to count our blessings. Because, as I've expressed we have had so many more to write.
Part 2: Ira Bailer Ashmore
2 months ago