Wednesday, October 1, 2008

5 days and counting...

(This is the cake that I am going to ATTEMPT to kind of make)

October 1st means that there are only 5 more days until october 6th!!!!!

Emily's BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

I'm really excited... I am pretty sure almost all the kids we invited are coming. Emily loved it. She gave out all her invitations two weeks ago at church (and then at someones door since they aren't in our ward!!!) We started handing them out before sacrament (we actually got there BEFORE it started) and she would take the invitation to her friends all by herself. She loved it! And I've been hearing that some of the friends we invited loved that they got an invitation (she gave it to the kid not the parent). So.. Like I said I'm pretty sure that almost all the people we invited are coming. I over invited a little.. Last year not much of the people we invited showed up. And so far all but 4 haven't yet rsvp. But i'm pretty sure that they are coming.. So it's going to be a little more packed then I thought.. AKA.. including my two kids, 14 kids.. I only had 8 invitations but a few families had two kids around her age that she just loves. There is two kids that i'm not to sure if they are coming. and Three kids that i'm pretty sure just haven't rsvp-ed. But I really have some fun ideas!! I really was planning on a bunch of people not being able to come.. But I think it will be really great that all Emily's friends are going to be there!!!

This is what I have planned so far.. They are going to come in.. After walking up the "red carpet" to our door (i found a long roll of red wrapping paper at the dollar store.. SCORE!!) They are going to come in and make their crowns. I bought some wall borders (you know the stuff for bulletin boards) and they are perfect size/shape for the crowns.. of course i bought them at the dollar store. And the girls get to decorate the crowns with princess and the boys with cars since I couldn't find princes. I am also going to take their pictures, because hopefully a bunch of them will dress up.. And I'll print the picture with my special photo printer.. Also it will be the time emily can "Show them her room" (she's really into that lately) time.. and playing time. Then Lynda dress up as the fairy godmother and she is going to read Cinderella. And we are going to decorate cookie wands that the kids will be able to take home, incase they need to change any pumpkins into carriages. Then we are going to play a freeze type game. The evil step-mother freezes the kingdom and the kids have to freeze (aka the music stops and they have to freeze) Then we will maybe make picture frames for the pictures or something.... I don't know.. That's kind of where my creativity has stopped! SOOO!!

IDEAS!?!?!?!???????????????????????????????? anyone have any good princess themed ideas for kids 2-4? I WOULD LOVE!!!!! IDEAS!! I think I need another running game or something......

2 comments:

April said...

Hey Melissa, it sounds like you have really out done yourself. It sounds like a great paty and you are such a fun mom! Earlier today I took my boys to a Princess party too with a cake that looked similar to that.
One game that they played was to have all the kids sit in a big circle and then pass a princess doll around to the sound of music. When the music stopped the one holding the princes was out and got a bag of candy.
I hope everything turns out okay, it sounds like a blast! You'll have to blog about it.
April

Sarah said...

I don't have any ideas, but it already sounds great! I think you are in serious denial about your creativity talent!