Friday, July 24, 2009

DDH

Yes, baby Abby decided she wanted to look EXACTLY like Hannah did at this age... So in order to do so, we had to put her in a hip brace too! :-D

On a more serious note... Yesterday when the pediatrian came to check on Abby he noticed her right hip out of place. So right into the hip brace she went.
I've been kind of discouraged, at least I was all day yesterday. And I don't think that the whole Abby being awake from 2:30am-7am helped me deal with the problem. But now that I've had a decent (as good as you can with a newborn) nights sleep, i'm thinking a lot clearer and not even crying!!

DDH is Developmental Dysplacia of the Hips. It's just a tech. term for her hip out of the socket. It's something we've dealt with before.. so i am not to scared, and know it will only last a few months.

The thing I'm really not looking forward to is the constant asking of "what's wrong with her?" It's something I dread. I'm more then willing to answer EVERY other question about her DDH. But I guess "what's wrong with her?" isn't a real question, only a way to state that she isn't "Perfect." .. SO if you want to ask more questions if something comes up. Feel free. Honestly, as you don't ask the above state question. I'm more then willing to help educate and share all the knowledge I have on this subject.
oh, and no, it isn't any harder to hold her. It actually is a little easier.. Since she's all buddled up more...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey, it'll be okay! You've done it before, you can do it again! She's beautiful!

The Jensen Family said...

Congrats on your new arrival! She is beautiful and still perfect even with a hip brace!
Hope she sleeps better for you soon. :)

Alicia said...

She's absoutely perfect! The picture of everyone holding her are so dang cute. I can't wait to see her! Please let me know what I can bring over. I'd be happy to stop by Fred Meyer and bring some groceries over. Love you Melissa! The Bingham Family is so RAD!!!