Saturday, August 22, 2009

Twenty Five Years Ago....

The love of my life was born....
(yes abby is eatting his nose... He was talking to her closely and she was hungry... and his is big, so she thought she give it a try... Sadly she failed... but we got an interesting picture.)



So.. I've been waiting a while to do this post. I decided to save all my bragging things for his birthday post. Seriously, there has been a TON of times I've wanted to just sit and brag about my man. He's amazing. So I thought I'd do a "25 reason why I love my man".. in no particular order.


1. Hello?! He's like the hottest guy ever. Seriously, I still feel lucky my eye candy chose me back!

2. He changes diapers. Seriously, today he got the day off because it's his birthday.. I like the system we have.. Both of us change them. works so much better..

3. He's smart. Seriously, up there on levels of genius. But he doesn't make me feel bad or stupid, he just teaches me.

4. He's a good kisser. I'm glad I get to share eternity kissing him!

5. He reads to our kids a ton! Which helps pick up on days where I haven't been as good at teaching them. He's got my back!

6. He's hilarious.

7. He's smooth. Seriously, I love taking him places with me. First, he's hot, but then he's entertaining. Always thinking of the right thing to say at the right time. Something I'm jealous of. But I guess as long as I've got him, I don't need to worry about it!

8. He's an On the Go type of person. Which I think has really helped me (especially after having Abby). He's always wanting to get out and go have fun.

9. He keeps me grounded. Seriously, I am a worry wart. If it was up to me the kids would never get to do anything fun. Example: I take the girls to the park and only let them play on the safer looking things. He takes them to the park. They come home "Daddy let me go down the owie bar" (the firestation bar thing, it rubs on Emily's legs so that's what she calls it).. Luckily my kids have him.

10. He gets up in the middle of the night to hand me the baby. Why does he have to... Umm. that's another story for another post sometime in the FAR future.. Let's just say Aliens...

11. He's sensitive. Not in the like bad "please stop crying" way. But in the sweet way. Like one time when Emily was little he was feeding her food. The food was to hot and it burnt his tongue. He almost started crying. He just loves our kids so much.

12. He's got an amazing testimony which helps us get through a lot of our tough times. Just hearing "Heavenly Father helped us last time, we know it's going to be okay this time." Really brings the stress level down.

13. He says sorry. He's not afraid or to pride full to say he's sorry.

14. He really loves our kids. He doesn't mind watching them. He's a very hands-on Dad. The way he interacts with our babies, I can just see the pure unconditional love for them in his eyes.

15. He's OCD about a clean house. Yes, ours might not be perfect. But he picks up every night before we go to bed. Even if he's worked a 12 hour day.
16. He laughs at my quirks. He doesn't get annoyed. He finds my imperfections cute and more attractive. This makes life so much more relaxed and fun.
17. He's a good advice giver. Seriously. I know people come to him just for his advice. People who would otherwise just keep things in.
18. He's an amazing guy. Seriously, with all the problems I've had, he hasn't complained at all. He instead makes up for what I lack. When I got pregnant and my hips start hurting to no end he does more chores around the house, he takes the kids on more walks so I can have alone time. At the end of the day, he still has time to make sure I'm still not in to much pain!
19. He thinks I'm superwomen. He believes I can do anything, and it's helped me achieve so much. He really encourages me to try new hobbies and stuff. One year he spent all his birthday money on a gift for me, because I decided to try a new hobby.. Which leads me to............
20. He's so selfless, so often. If we won a million dollars, he'd spend it on making as many people's life better as he could. He's always thinking of ways to make others happy. Whether it be giving a homeless man his burger, or buying his brother a bike to helping his mom out. He just really loves to be a giver of so much.
21. He's extremely talented, in so many different areas. He's able to play songs on a guitar by just listening to it. He's also an artist and surprises me with this talent when I try to do something artsy (yes he does out-do me often)
22. He's creative. Kind of goes with talented... Never a boring time when he's around Weither it be creative jokes, or creative things to do as a family.. He has being creative down!
23. He compliments me. This is one of our strengths in our marriage. We both compliment each other often. From cleaning the house extra good to wearing my make-up differently. He makes me feels special for just being me.
24. He's good at picking out movies. Seriously, I'm always trying to buy ones I want.. But the ones he decides are good are normally 10 times better then the one i've decided would be good.
25. Man, I'm having a hard time picking the last one.. Not because there isn't another reason, but because there is more then just one left. I could say he has amazing eyes, sometimes blue sometimes a little greener, or I could say I love him because even now when we dance in our living room, it's like we are still floating on clouds. Or I could say I love him because when I'm truly down, he knows the perfect thing to say or do to make my tears go away. Or that he knows so many strange and interesting facts. Or I could say I love him because he's not quite perfect, which makes him so much much more perfect to me (i like quirks and learning through our imperfections together) No, I decided that the 25th reason I love him is..... Even after being married 5 years (knowing him eight years) he still surprises me with his amazing-ness. There is just so much about him that I keep learning, and love.
Happy Birthday Bryan Anthony! We love you so much!

No comments: