Thursday, March 12, 2009

Isn't it about time?! ... yes.

So, Now that we officially made it through a Monday without being sick, and have continued to stay healthy.. It's time to get Hannah and Emily's sleeping schedule back on track. Hannah has been taking naps during the day. Which is really kind of nice, since my body keeps telling me I need naps too... However, a nap means no 6 oclock bedtime. Which leads to more breakdown, longer naps the next day, staying up until 9, and all around not a happy baby. So today, when she was ready to take a nap, I let her whine a little, and cry a little.. and then completely distracted her. So, it's now 4:30 and she still hasn't taken a nap... Only 1 1/2 hours left till she'll be able to sleep. And maybe she'll get back on her schedule. I think that I might also trick the girls by putting a dark sheet over their window, that way they it's not as light in their room.. Maybe that will work for tricking them?!

So, tomorrow's the big day. We find out what we're having. I'm soooooo excited. But I've been devilishly thinking that we might wait a while before telling anyone.. Wouldn't that be fun?! He he eh.. Okay if you take a look at when we found out we were pregnant, i posted within a few hours. I'm not good at keeping exciting secrets like that!!.. at all..
We're going to bring the girls with us. The first ultrasound, the girls got to see the baby and we got pictures, and that really helped them to understand more that there was a baby in my tummy. They are actually REALLY excited (mostly Emily, but Hannah is too) to find out what it is. We've been talking about it since Monday, and have been counting down. Emily and Hannah decided they wanted a sister.. probably because they have no experience with a brother... But we're hoping they get a brother. You only have until midnight to vote... So vote vote vote. :-D

2 comments:

Andrea said...

We had a dark curtain over Eliot's window when we lived in Utah, and I'm pretty sure it helped. But now I can't find it--I know it's in a box somewhere!

And yeah, we just got over being sick too. We need to have a playdate SOON before somebody gets sick again!

Alicia said...

I hope you guys continue to feel better! Let us all know what you're having. We are excited to hear!!